In one of the previous article, I have mentioned about free asp.net reporting tool, now in this article I have provided list of free SQL Server reporting tools, with there features, which can be helpful for your analysing your business data in reports easily and effectively.
With Redash, you can connect and query your data sources, build dashboards to visualize data and share them with your company.
- Connect to any data source, easily visualize and share your data
- Powerful online SQL editor
- Create snippets and reuse them
- Drag & Drop and resize any visualization
- Schedule refresh from your data sources
- Live auto-complete and keyboard shortcuts
- Set up alerts and get notified on certain events on your data.
- Access Redash via API and extend its functionality as you like.
- Zapier integration
BIRT (free BI suite) is an open source software project that allows you to create data visualizations, dashboards and reports that can be embedded into web applications and rich clients.
- Create Data visualization in Java/J2EE applications using BIRT
- BIRT can be used to build reports on XML data sources
- BIRT can be used to build reusable component report libraries
- BIRT provides output in HTML, Paginated HTML, PDF, XLS, DOC, PPT, ODS, ODP, ODT, and Postscript. Many other types of output are possible: ERich Text Format (RTF), Scalable Vector Graphic (SVG), images, and more.
Metabase is one of the best SQL reporting tool, it can be used for web-based SQL data analysis to help your team analyze, visualize and share data.
- Powerful options to help you create seamless, interactive data experiences for your customers, free edition includes "Powered by Metabase" badge
- Tools to help you share your insights with your teams.
- Get Alerts Via Slack
- Tools that help everyone ask questions and learn from data, like SQL Editor, SQL Templates, SQL Snippets SQL Result caching etc
- Single Sign On using Google OAuth
- Give Permissions to your team based on their role
- Audit Logs are not available in Open Source version.
ReportServer (Free Community Edition)
ReportServer is the modern and versatile business intelligence (OSBI) platform for Pixel-perfect reporting, ad-hoc analyses, Excel and Word reporting or multidimensional OLAP analytics: ReportServer comes with a great selection of powerful tools.
- ReportServer integrates the best reporting engines of different providers under a single user interface. (BIRT, SAP Crystal Reports, Excel and Word Reporting etc)
- Supports various output formats from Microsoft Excel over PDF to XML.
- Have Powerful Filters
- Using aggregation you can summarize even the largest datasets.
- With templates you can load data from a dynamic list directly into a prepared office document (Microsoft Excel or Word) or into an XML or text format.
Cluvio (Provides Free Version)
With Cluvio, you can use SQL and R to analyze your data and create beautiful, interactive dashboards for your entire company in few minutes.
- See your most important KPIs on interactive, real-time dashboards anywhere, anytime.
- Receive alerts for conditions like, increased error rates, or achieved revenue goals.
- Simply share dashboards via a secure sharing link.
- 1000 query executions / mo in free vertion
- 3 Dashboards in free version
- Turn a commonly used part of SQL into a single, reusable snippet that can be reused anywhere within Cluvio.
- Automatically suggest the best ways to visualize data.
- Cluvio can run custom R scripts on top of your SQL query. R gives you more flexibility, more control, and more power
Seal Report offers a complete framework for producing daily reports from any database or any No SQL source.
Seal Report is an Open Source tool for the Microsoft .Net Framework entirely written in C#
- Drag & Drop
- KPI and Widget Views: Create and display your Key Performance Indicators in a single report.
- Web Report Server: Publish and edit your reports on the web (Support of Windows and Linux OS with .NET 5).
- Fully Responsive and HTML Rendering using Razor engine
- LINQ queries: Join and query any Data Sources (SQL, Excel, XML, Mongo DB, Olap Cube, HTTP JSon, etc.) with the power of LINQ queries.
iReport is the free, open source report designer for JasperReports and JasperReports Server.
Create very sophisticated layouts containing charts, images, subreports, crosstabs and much more. Access your data through JDBC, TableModels, JavaBeans, XML, Hibernate, CSV, and custom sources.
Then publish your reports as PDF, RTF, XML, XLS, CSV, HTML, XHTML, text, DOCX, or OpenOffice.
That's it, these are some of the best free sql reporting tools, which we have listed above, if you are new to reporting and looking to create reports using SQL Server or SQL Database I will recommend you to start using Redash as it is open source and lots of functionality.
You may also like to read: