Visual Studio Code: Light-weight, Configurable, Suitable for all languages
One of the best web-development IDE is Visual Studio code, which is light-weighted and can be configured according to our needs by downloading plugins.
Visual Studio Code is a free and open-source text editor with a library of extensions to customize your experience.
It comes with all programming languages extensions, like C#, PHP, .NET, Java, Python etc. It provides great syntax highlighting with auto-complete intellisense and you can also debug your code with breakpoints.
Netbeans is a free and open-source IDE and it is ideal for editing existing projects or starting a project from the start. NetBeans possesses a simple drag and drop interface that also comes with a list of convenient project templates. It is most used IDE for the development of Java applications.
It is also one of the best IDE for AngularJS and do great work with KnockoutJS also.
You can connect your browser in real time and check output as soon as you change code.
It also supports CSS pre-processors LESS and SASS, so you can quickly Edit and Live Highlight with your LESS and SCSS files.
- CSS and HTML wizards
- Highlighting of colors in CSS/SASS/LESS.
- Advanced color hint that can convert between color formats.
- Dockable panels.
- FTP and SFTP client with synchronization.
- File explorer, text clips, code explorer, project manager.
- Convert between code pages, Unicode formats and text formats.
- HTML validation, format and repair.
Its contributors include Google, Netflix, Facebook, GE, and Walmar, which makes this IDE one of the best for web-development.
If you are C# or ASP.NET MVC or .NET Core developer, this is the best available option for you and Community version is free for you.
This IDE is one of the best available IDE in market, and with it's powerful debugging feature and other useful features when added extra-plugins, makes it really great to use.
Visual Studio supports web-development, mobile, app, and game development using programming languages like ASP.NET, Python, Node.js, C++, Unity and it also supports AZure.
You can download VS Community version for free on Windows, Mac.
This IDE is easy to use and powerful. If you are working on many projects in different languages but want to use only one IDE, Komodo is probably the way to go.
It is free to use and support Auto-Complete, Calltips.
- Multi-Language Editor
- Native Unicode support and Unicode compatibility checking
- Komodo IDE allows you to instantly track changes.
- Supports Grunt, PhoneGap, Docker, Vagrant, and many more.
Some more IDE but Cloud IDE (No need to download them, use it in browser)
JSFiddle is excellent editor can be used with any Web-browser, which can show output on the fly.
It allows you to live view and live sync and includes features to write CSS faster.
You can easily integrate embed code created in it in another website or share link with others.
AWS Cloud9 is a cloud-based integrated development environment (IDE) that lets you write, run, and debug your code with just a browser.
- Coding in real-time, means 2 developers can code edit the code at same time.( Yes second developer will be aware of what first developer is changing in code.)
- AWS Cloud9 makes it easy to write, run, and debug serverless applications
- Direct Terminal Access to AWS
- There is no additional charge for AWS Cloud9. If you use an Amazon EC2 instance for your AWS Cloud9 development environment, you pay only for the compute and storage resources.
Few more Editor/IDE
There are few more editors/IDE which is used by developers but not listed above, as I personally feel above one's are good enough to code for you,
Some Others IDE are:
- Sublime Text
- Aptana Studio (Good for PHP)
- Codelobster (Good for PHP)
- Vim (Vim is a highly configurable text editor)
If you know any other good IDE which we have missed, please feel free to write it down in comments.