In previous articles, we have mentioned Generate CSR and Import SSL on IIS Windows Server, best free SQL Server hosting and best cheap windows hosting but now in this article, I have provided list of best free SSL Certificate providers.
Namecheap is widely used to buy a domain or for hosting WordPress websites, they also provide Free SSL.
- EasyWP Starting from $4.88/month
- Free SSL
- Free CDN
- Free domain registration for your first year
- Free site migration
- Unlimited bandwidth
ZeroSSL provides both paid and free version of SSL, free versions of SSL give you the following features:
- 90-Day Certificates
- ACME Certificates
Let's Encrypt is a free, automated, and open certificate authority (CA), run for the public’s benefit. It is a service provided by the Internet Security Research Group (ISRG).
They give people the digital certificates they need in order to enable HTTPS (SSL/TLS) for websites, for free, in the most user-friendly way.
- Let's Encrypt has provided SSL certificates to more than 225 million sites and counting.
- Works with any web hosting
- Highly transparent and secure
- Every certificate issued or revoked by Let’s Encrypt becomes a public record, and it’s available online for anyone to view.
4. SSL For Free
SSL for Free is powered by Zero SSL, or you can say it is another form of Zero SSL but it only provides a free version of the SSL certificate.
- Getting started is really simple and straightforward. SSL For Free issues certificates in less than one minute.
- Trusted by 99.9% of browsers
- Supports single domains, multiple domains, wildcard SSLs, and more.
- Over three million SSL certificates have been created for free from this provider
You can use cloudflare as CDN and also to get free SSL, you can get free SSL / TLS with any application service plan of cloudflare.
Cloudflare offers one of the most configurable SSL certificate options by allowing you to customize everything from geo key management to the encrypted server name indicator.
- Using Cloudflare you can configure SSL in one simple button click
- Cloudflare SSL enables HTTP/2, which has the potential to make websites up to two times faster with no changes to existing codebases.
- Cloudflare has even worked to improve the performance of OpenSSL.
Bluehost is hands down one of the easiest ways to get your hands on free SSL certification without having to work on technical aspects of installing SSL.
To get Free SSL from Bluehost you will have to buy hosting.
- Bluehost also includes a free domain name for the first year you host your website with them.
- Free SSL and one-click installation for WordPress.
- Excellent choice for new and existing websites that want to switch web hosts.
That's it, these are some of the best free SSL providers, but you can also check other SSL providers like FreeSSL.tech, which is wordpress pluging for SSL.
You may also like to read: